It’s my first Top Ten Tuesday post here on the blog. It was originally started by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and now then it moved over to That Artsy Reader Girl in 2018. It’s a post dedicated to lists, books, and making book friends.
Every week there’s a new topic to cover in your list and this week’s topic? One of my favorites: book covers. Listen, yeah, I know we aren’t supposed to judge a book by its cover. But we do. It’s time to admit it– we definitely judge books by their covers. It’s not the deciding factor for me when buying books (that’s the back description), but it’s definitely what makes me read the back description in the first place. So without further ado, let’s talk about some of my favorite covers I’ve seen recently and why I liked them.
Among the Beasts & Briars by Ashley Poston / Goodreads
- I really like the illustrations and typography here and I think the colors go very well together.
Muse by Brittany Cavallaro / Goodreads
- The color combinations here really pop. And somehow, I feel like the design is both exquisite AND simple, which works for me.
These Feathered Flames by Alexandra Overy / Goodreads
- This cover just draws my gaze every time I come across it. It’s bold and I like how the text is centered around the ivy trees and flames.
Miss Meteor by Tehlor Kay Mejia and Anna-Marie McLemore / Goodreads
- I’m really into the illustrated covers that are coming out lately. I’m a big fan of the purples and pinks here. It reminds me a little of old school Sailor Moon.
We are the Wildcats by Siobhan Vivian / Goodreads
- Another great illustrated cover with an excellent color combination. I also appreciate the shadow work here. It’s just so aesthetically pleasing.
Star Daughter by Shveta Thakrar / Goodreads
- Listen, this is one of the most gorgeous covers I have ever seen. I love everything about it.
Don’t Call the Wolf by Alexsandra Ross / Goodreads
- Mainly is the typography here for me. I also like the two wolves and the map-ish aspects that surround the text. It matches the fairytale vibe well.
Witches Steeped in Gold by Ciannon Smart / Goodreads
- The color choices work SO WELL here. I love the green and gold paired with the gray shadowed faces. It’s just *chef’s kiss* for my eyes.
Legendborn by Tracy Deonn / Goodreads
- The way the reds and blues blend together on this cover is just perfect. So gorgeous and eye catching. Also, the character illustration is BEAUTIFUL. Honestly. Just beautiful.
A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik / Goodreads
- Honestly, I like the simplicity of the illustration. The line art contrasted with the muted black color makes it pop and it gives me alchemy and astronomy vibes.
🎨 What are some of your favorite recent covers?
🎨 Do you judge a book by its cover? Don’t lie.
🎨 What attracts you to a book?
DID YOU LIKE THIS POST? PIN IT!